Another brief, but very productive day. Lots more replay value, and a better progression curve.
Today was the last day for new features, day 7 is polish and bug fixing. A New feature that was direly needed was some more perks to be able to take on those scary Seraphs. While looking at that area of progression I found a great place to add more replay value too. There are now two specializations of each [firearm] perk slanting in the demonic or angelic directions.
- Holy Fire – Ranged attacks ignore armor
- Paradox Trigger – Ranged attack rolls are rolled 3 times, the best result is used
- Reaper – Ranged damage in increased by 15; (IE things die when they are far away, but its still useless close up)
- Heartseeker – Ranged minimum distance is reduced by 7, there is still a range where its too close to use, but its much kinder
- Storm of Vengeance – Shotgun spread becomes much larger
- Tentacle Whip – Gain 1 hp for each enemy hit
Seraphs, while still scary, can now be overcome – so a new challenger, the Pit Fiend. Regeneration, Demon Armor (more regeneration), the new Tentacle Whip(more HP gain), and a boat load of HP. Bringing one down is an impressive feat.
The flow of the game leading up to such a frightening foe needed to be a bit more streched out to allow enough time to collect perks to be able to have any chance at handling a Pit Fiend. The flow of levels is now a bit gentler and a bit longer.