A Platformer proof of concept (PoC) inspired by some of my favorite platformer games. Rogue Legacy sticks out the most. Engine mostly complete and just in need of content. Don’t have a lot of enemies, or rooms, no bosses, and no user accessible way to level up the world. Work so far has been from a mini sabbatical where I took off most of December to work on side projects. About 2 weeks of work went into this project.
Notable features include:
- 2 Weapons, whip and sword
- Controller support w/ rumble
- 1 sound with full 3D proximity and motion effects
- Wall sliding
- Wall jumping
- Charge up high jump from crouch
- Air dashing
- Persistent meta progression
- 4 type of traps
- 3 types of enemies
- Random world layout generation, yes random, not procedural
- Almost 3 minutes of gameplay!
- Easy level creation, make a level and put some doors and it will be picked up and used by the engine
- Auto tiler, world built in blocks and can automatically re-skin itself (only default skin accessible in installed version)